About our Thrift Store
One Heart for Women and Children has affordable gently used clothing, household goods, toys, furniture and more available for purchase in the Thrift Store.
The One Heart Thrift Store is open Saturday from 8am – 2pm.
For those in need of necessary items that they can’t afford at this time, eligible clients can participate in our Volunteer for Vouchers program. For every hour volunteered, participants will receive a voucher to be used in exchange for clothing, household items, and other needed supplies.
Donations can be dropped off for the Thrift Store Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9am-3pm and Saturday from 8am-2pm. We are closed on Wednesday and Sunday.
Volunteers are always appreciated to help staff the Thrift Store by assisting with sorting, receiving, organizing and arranging the goods. Please visit our Volunteer Page for more information and how to sign up.
Items we accept for the Thrift Store:
- Gently used, undamaged furniture, artwork, home decor
- Clothing items in good condition: shirts, pants, shorts, shoes for men, women, children and infants
- New socks, underwear, bras
- Gently used books, games and toys
- Working electronics with all cords and accessories needed to work
- Small appliances, pots, pans, cutlery, utensils, glassware, dishes, kitchen items
- Bicycles, exercise and sporting goods in good working condition
- Backpacks, purses, luggage accessories, belts, hats, wallets, scarves, ties
- Linens – blankets, towels, washcloths
- Baby items: car seats, strollers, cribs, cleaned and ready to re-use
- School supplies
- Surplus and bulk inventory, unlabeled or mislabeled items, discontinued items, seasonal goods and private-label brands
Please do not donate:
- Broken or malfunctioning items
- Anything torn, stained, ripped or tattered
- Chipped glassware or china
- Broken, stained or animal hair covered furniture
- Hazardous chemicals
- Tires or car batteries
- Anything recalled or dangerous
- Anything unsanitary or unhygienic
- Large Appliances
- Mouthwash or anything with alcohol in it
Some tips for donating if possible (we know it might not always be possible to do the following, but if you are able to, we would be grateful):
- When donating, please organize your items in a safe manner, so whoever is unpacking your donation does not accidentally get hurt (for example, loose sharp objects).
- Please wash, wipe down or clean the items prior to donation
- Please keep the bags or boxes to a reasonable weight for the person unloading the boxes, approximately 20 pounds or less
- Organizing by type of goods will assist us and make it easier for us to sort through
- Please take clothing off the hangers and donate in boxes or in bags, not loose
- Please go through purses and bags to ensure all valuables and contents are removed prior to donation