About our Team Building Program
Make a real impact while building your team’s morale when volunteering with One Heart for Women and Children! Your team will truly enjoy making a difference and providing hope in the lives of those who need it the most. Activities may be done from your office, convention room, church, activity room or location of the benefiting facility. One Heart is able to partner with local or visiting groups of all ages and sizes to make a greater impact in the community.
Research shows that volunteering as an individual or in a group has both mental and physical health benefits. Volunteering helps improve your mood, makes you feel healthier, increases your sense of purpose, and reduces your stress levels. When your group volunteers together they will strengthen their bond, provide opportunities for leadership to emerge, and build confidence by working as a team towards a common goal. In addition to personal benefits, your team will literally be changing lives in the community by feeding and giving basic necessities to those in need.
Some examples of Team Building activities with partners that make an impact in the community:
- Food Distribution – sorting, packing, and distributing boxes of food directly to those in need
- Beautification Projects – building ramps, painting, performing general maintenance, planting trees and flowers at local rehabilitation and homeless shelters
- Bike Building – purchasing and assembling bicycles for local children and people needing transportation to work
- Mobile Food Drop – sponsoring and providing volunteers for the event impacting 1,000 – 1,800 people
- Care Packages – assembling hygiene kits and/or snack packs to be distributed in the community
- Baskets of Love – purchasing and assembling items families need during the holidays
- Holiday Toy Drive – employees donating toys to be given to children
Other Ideas from home or the office:
- Volunteering at home or in the office – advocating for One Heart by fundraising and spreading awareness
- Making hygiene kits or lunch bags at the office and delivering to One Heart for distribution in the community
- Making Baskets of Love or holiday baskets together
- Host a holiday toy drive
If you have an idea of other ways your group would like to get involved with One Heart we would love to hear it! Whether you’re here for a convention, spring break trip, or just looking to volunteer in Orlando, please fill out the below form. Include as many details you can about your trip and how you would like to make a difference in Orlando.