How One Heart Can Help
One Heart For Women and Children offers food, necessary toiletries, cleaning supplies and resources for people who need assistance while overcoming hardships. You can expect to receive support, compassion and empathy when visiting One Heart For Women and Children. Our goal each and every day is that each person that interacts with One Heart not only receives the resources needed but also feels a sense of hope.
One Heart For Women and Children is NOT a women’s shelter, domestic violence shelter, rehabilitation center or medical facility. We are not able to provide rental assistance, counseling, long term or temporary housing, job or utilities assistance. We can provide you with resources for the correct agency to receive those services. Click here to view our Other Programs page that lists some of the resources you may need.
- Where and when do you distribute food?
On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 12:00pm – 3:00pm we distribute food outside of our food pantry in College Park, at 2040 N. Rio Grande Ave, Orlando, FL, 32804. Once a month we distribute food through a drive-through mobile food drop off-site. Check out our Events Calendar or social media for specific dates, times and locations.
- I can’t make those days / times, where can I find food in Florida?
If you’re in Central Florida, visit feedhopenow.org and find a food bank near you. If you’re outside of Central Florida, visit feedingflorida.org and find your local Florida food bank. Go to our Other Programs page for more info.
- What should I expect when I go to the food pantry at One Heart?
- On your first visit you will receive food, and you’ll make an appointment to come back in the future
- Be prepared to wait for food distribution. We strive to be as efficient as possible while adhering to health and safety guidelines. Please have patience.
- When you arrive at One Heart you will wait in your vehicle.
- You will then show your photo ID and appointment card to register.
- Once registered, One Heart Volunteers put your food bags and boxes in your back seat or trunk of your vehicle.
- What should I expect when I go to a One Heart mobile distribution?
- Mobile Drops are a mass distribution of food in a community and usually hundreds of people are served. Please confirm the distribution days and times on our Events Calendar page.
- Please arrive close to distribution time.
- Food is distributed first-come first-served.
- All current mobile drops distribute USDA commodities food (TEFAP). You will not be asked for any kind of documentation or identification to receive food at the mobile food drops.
- What do you get when you go to a food pantry?
One Heart for Women and Children provides perishable and non-perishable food including fresh dairy, produce, baked goods, frozen meats and more.
- Will I need to bring an ID?
Yes, please bring photo ID.
- Are there certain requirements or eligibilities needed to receive food (i.e. SNAP, currently unemployed, free or reduced lunch eligibility)?
You do not need to qualify for or receive any other assistance to receive food from our food pantry. Anyone who needs food is welcome to visit One Heart for Women and Children during operating hours.
- Can someone pick up food for me?
If you need someone to pick up food from the pantry for you, please send the individual with your appointment card and a letter giving them permission to pick up food on your behalf.
- Can I visit One Heart food pantry more than once a month?
You may receive food once every three weeks. If you have a special circumstance, contact us at 321-299-4594.
- Can you help me with food stamps?
We do not assist with SNAP (food stamps applications) at One Heart For Women And Children. Please call Second Harvest’s hotline for assistance, 407-295-2777. Apply for food stamps online or find more information about resources available: Apply online for Food Stamps here.
- How can I find additional help?
Dial 211#. Get help paying bills, finding food, shelter, medical information and locating other resources near you. Call 211# for confidential help from a caring expert. Go to our Other Programs page for more info.
- I need toiletries and laundry soap – can you provide those?
Please come to the food pantry during normal operating hours and let the volunteer know you need these items. We have shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, adult diapers. Please note that some items might not be available at the time of your request.
- I need supplies for my baby, can you help?
YES! One Heart for Women and Children offers formula and diapers for babies. Please note that some items might not be available at the time of your request.
- I’m homeless, can you help me?
YES! We can provide food for you. Occasionally we have other supplies such as tents, lanterns, tarps and more.
- Do you have clothing and shoes?
YES! One Heart for Women and Children has affordable gently-used clothing, household goods, toys, furniture and more available for purchase in the Thrift Store. The Thrift Store is open Saturday from 8am – 2pm. If you cannot purchase the necessary items, please contact us about our Volunteer for Vouchers program. If accepted, you can earn vouchers for every hour you volunteer, to be used in exchange for clothing, toys and household items.
- What is the Volunteer for Vouchers program?
Eligible individuals may sign up to volunteer in exchange for a voucher to select certain items from the Thrift Store. You may be asked to sort, fold, organize donations. Other tasks may be to help clean the Thrift Store and Food Pantry.
- I have court-mandated community service. Can I do my community service hours at One Heart?
Yes, depending on your charge. Please contact us for eligibility and more information like dates and times available. Visit our Volunteer page for more information about volunteering, and let us know you need your hours verified.
If you have any questions that were not answered above, or need further info, contact us with the form below.