About our Homeless Support
There are more than 7,000 people in Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties who have experienced homelessness in the last year, according to a new interactive data tool developed by the Central Florida Commission on Homelessness.
One Heart helps individuals and families in this transitional time in their life by providing food, hygiene items, clothing, resources, hope, love and respect. As individual needs arise, One Heart aims to meet them by providing essential resources such as blankets and sweaters in the winter or emergency items, sandwiches, snack bags, or meals.
You can help us make a real impact in the lives of the people living on the streets – vehicles, shelters, transitional housing – by donating specific items or making a financial contribution for us to purchase the supplies needed. If you’re interested in volunteering to go into the community to deliver items to the homeless, visit our Volunteer Page.
- Individually packed snack bags with soft foods, water, gatorade (pudding, PBJ, fruit cup, chewy bars)
- New Socks, underwear, undershirts
- Travel sized toiletries, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, shaving cream, shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene products (no mouthwash or anything with alcohol)
- First Aid Kits
- Clothing – especially men’s clothing sizes 32-38
- Diapers – all sizes for babies and adults
- Gift cards for grocery stores, retail stores (Target, Walmart, etc) in $10-$25 denominations
- Baby wipes and adult wipes
- AA, AAA, D Batteries
Home in a Box
Support our homeless friends by sponsoring a Home in a Box!
Home In A Box Items:
- 2-person sized tent
- 1 sleeping bag
- 1 towel
- 1 8×8 tarp (no bright colors)
- 1 bundle of rope (no bright colors please)
- 1 roll of duct tape
- 1 utility knife
- 1 lantern (either solar or please add batteries)
- 1 camping pillow
- 1 battery-operated flashlight
For product ideas, visit our Amazon Home In A Box Wishlist.